We’re excited you want to drive for CarSwoop. We think we’re pretty great, so we don’t blame you for wanting to join our team. Before you do, let’s get the eligibility requirements out of the way, so you know what you need to do to be consider.
The process works best when you apply with your driving partner at the same time.
That said, here’s what you need to be, to be a driver for CarSwoop:
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Must show proof of an active insurance policy, with the liability limits at $100,000 bodily injury up to $300,000 per occurrence.
- Possess a state drivers’ license for two years.
- Must have an automotive vehicle in the same name on the drivers license.
- Proof of residency in your state.
Once you have passed the CarSwoop requirements, we’ll ask for your Social Security Number and date of birth, so we can run a background check. All background checks will be executed through a third party, Checkr, Inc. Please allow 7-14 business days for the background check to be completed. In order to pass, you’ll not be allowed to have any felonies, violets crimes, sexual assault charges, or be registered sex offender. Note that all background checks conducted will have no credit check involved and are free of charge to you.
If you pass the background check, we’ll ask you to provide us with a Motor Vehicle Driving Report from a State of California Department of Motor Vehicles. We’ll require that you must be clear of any major violations, and not possess any minor violations in the past two years. Unfortunately if your record has any of these violations, we will not be able to proceed with your application for CarSwoop.
Once you’ve pass the background check and the driving record requirements, we’ll ask that you sign an employee contract, and you’ll be good to go! Please note that once you’ve passed these requirements, you’ll be required to maintain them to the same standard for your duration of driving for CarSwoop. We will conduct bi-annual background checks as well as driving records checks to ensure compliance.
- You will be rated after every completed trip by the customer from 1-5. In order to maintain a CarSwoop position, you must maintain above a 4.5 rating. If your rating goes lower than that, you will have two weeks to get it above the required rating.
- Our company will perform bi-annual background checks, as well as driving record verifications. You must possess no major violations in order to maintain a position as a CarSwooper.
- If any accidents occur, it is covered by our blanket insurance policy. After one accident you will be released from your CarSwooper position.
- If any CarSwooper is accused of any action that that is against our policy, they will be released of their position as a driver for CarSwoop.