Effective Date: 08/01/2019
Last Updated: 08/01/2019
Data Collected by CarSwoop.com
By accessing the Website, CarSwoop may collect various data, including without limitation, your IP address, browser type, webpages you view, the date and times you access the Website, and the number of times you have visited the Website.
CarSwoop does not knowingly collect or store information from anyone under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe information was received from someone under the age of 13 by us, please contact ___@CarSwoop.com.
Personal Information Used by CarSwoop.com
The following are the areas where your personal information is used by CarSwoop:
- When you create an account, you may receive marketing emails from CarSwoop. You can opt-out of this by simply choosing “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our emails to you.
- Our interaction with you is through the email address you provided us when you created an account. Your email address is the primary interface CarSwoop will use to respond to inquiries.
- CarSwoop uses data analytics to improve the Website, improve the products and services CarSwoop offers and enhance the overall experience of the Website.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
CarSwoop may have to share some of your personal data with the parties listed below. Please note, all third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide services to CarSwoop and are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Credit card companies and other payment processors.
- Research firms who help us with analytics.
- Marketing firms.
- Professional advisers including auditors, banks, and lawyers.
- Regulatory authorities.
CarSwoop has put security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being accessed by an unauthorized party, disclosed, lost, or altered. It is important to highlight, transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure.
CarSwoop has put in processes in the event of a data breach and will notify you and the appropriate regulatory body as required by law.
CarSwoop retains all data for an indefinite period of time. In the event you would prefer to have specific data deleted and not maintained please contact ___@CarSwoop.com.
You may request any of the following:
- You can request access to all the data CarSwoop is currently maintaining with your personal information. You may request a copy of this information which CarSwoop will provide to you.
- If any personal data needs to be corrected, notify CarSwoop and CarSwoop will update accordingly. Please note, CarSwoop may have to verify the accuracy of the new data.
- You may request the deletion of any data CarSwoop maintains on you. If, due to a legal reason, CarSwoop is not able to comply with your request, you will be notified accordingly.
- In the event you need us to transfer your data to a third-party, CarSwoop will provide you this in a written document.
- If you object to us processing all or part of your personal information CarSwoop will stop as instructed by you. However, if it impedes us from performing the services CarSwoop agreed to perform, CarSwoop may need to discontinue our relationship.
- You can withdraw the consent you gave to us to process your personal information at any time.
If you would like to make any of the above requests as described above, please contact ___@CarSwoop.com.
Monitoring of Your Personal Information
CarSwoop may monitor transactions, traffic, and site activities while you are on CarSwoop.com. CarSwoop is doing this to ensure CarSwoop carry out your instructions correctly, improve our services, and to ensure security and prevent fraud.
Like most websites, CarSwoop, uses “cookies”. A cookie is a data file that resides on your computer allowing CarSwoop to recognize your account when you return to CarSwoop.com using the same device and browser. All cookies CarSwoop uses are encrypted for security purposes.